Friday, October 28, 2011

My thoughts on Black Friday......


Another store makes a Black Friday announcement: For the first time, Target will open stores at midnight Thanksgiving night!   This is not the only one.  Toys R Us, Walmart, Best Buy and others will open at midnight or earlier in hopes of capturing your dollars.

Just a public service announcement--if you are paying attention to prices, planning your gift list early, following my page here and on Facebook, then shopping the sales, you can find MOST (if not ALL)  of your items prior to Black Friday! 


I post dozens of "daily deals" on my Facebook page!  Why not get a $40 gift card to an online beauty store for $20?  What a perfect gift for a niece or daughter!  Or maybe order your parents the awesome Omaha Steaks deal that has been featured recently?  


THINK OUTSIDE OF THE BLACK FRIDAY BOX!


I have most of my kid's presents done as well as a many of my relatives! (I have actually been shopping since summer--hey--a sale's a sale!)  I'll work with the kids to make handmade gifts for the grandparents and call it good.  


I am not against Black Friday shopping.  In fact, if you are in the market for electronics or household appliances, and are not brand specific, Black Friday can really pay off for you.  Year after year, however, I am in shock of the lengths people will go to, simply to purchase a toaster for $10 or a hand mixer for $3! 


I'm not saying there aren't good deals on Black Friday, just keep in mind the retailer's ultimate purpose: TO GET YOU IN THE STORES.  If you are there, you will likely spend money.    Be a smart shopper.  
And if you're there, and see me standing in line next to you, make sure to say hello.  I'll be holding a hand mixer.  ;-)

0 comments: