There are two basic methods: clip or file.
- Clipping the coupons includes clipping them all out and organizing them into a box, binder or envelopes.
- Filing simply allows you to take the weekly coupon inserts, write the date on the front, and file it in a hanging file.
I do a combination of the two--
- I have a coupon binder where I file miscellaneous coupons or internet printables, store coupons, target coupons, mailers, etc. I organize these by type of food or product.
- When I go to the store, I pull the coupons I need and place them in a small envelope with my grocery list on the outside! Easy peasy!
- I also take the Sunday inserts and file them by date. I would like to be able to clip them all and file them in my binder, but most weeks I don't have time for that! Maybe one day! For now, this works for me!
I want to refer you to a great video on how to organize your coupons. Hip2save has a video blog (a vlog, if you will) that goes through how to set up a coupon binder and in her second vlog, she takes a shopping trip to Walmart to walk you through buying the pieces and the cost of the binder. Watch her here.
I will try to get pictures of my binder, file and envelopes over the weekend, but for now Disney calls!